Sunday, March 22, 2015

Loving our new house!

*I made this post years ago and realized I never published it.* We have been having such a great time remodeling our house. We loved the house even before the renovations but we are loving it even more! I'm so proud of all the hard work Mark has put into making it more of "our" home.

Brooklyn's bathroom was the first thing we fixed up. We hadn't planned on doing it right away we were only going to remove the shower doors so we could put up the shower curtain but I made the mistake of thinking we could just take down the wallpaper and paint. Well, little did we know there was going to be water damage on the drywall in some places and mold that need to be scraped and cleaned off. We ended up having to plaster the walls so we decided to just go all out and replace everything, including the stick-down tile.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the bathroom was done we moved right on to the family room. There was nasty paneling on the walls that had drywall behind it so it didn't take a whole lot to fix up the walls. The first thing we needed to do was add recessed lighting since the only light in there was from table lamps and patch up the three holes that were looking into the living room.  photo familyroom6Nov2010.jpg  photo familyroom31Feb2011.jpg  photo familyroom7Nov2010.jpg  photo familyroom29Feb2011.jpg



0 comments: